ATTENTION : All Florida “G” Licensed Security,Notice from Florida’s Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, as of July 1st 2014 you can now qualify with a .40 or .45 caliber. You are no longer restricted to the .38 and 9mm.
In accordance with Florida Chapter 493, Class “G” licensed armed security officers are required to complete 28-hours of classroom and range instruction under the direction of a Class “K” licensed instructor. We offer Class “G” license training as a three day (28 hour)course. Day One and Day Two are conducted as ten-hour classroom days at one of two locations in the Tampa area. Day Three includes 8-hours of range instruction and final qualification at one of our firearms ranges/training facility, Florida Firearms Academy http://www.ffatampa.com/ or Shooting Sports http://www.shootingsportstampa.com/
The Florida Armed Security Officer Course covers all information required by the State of Florida for Class “G” license applicants, including:
Florida Statues 493, 775, and 790 • Firearms Safety & Mechanics • Civil Liability & Use of Force Issues • Handgun Marksmanship • Care and Maintenance of Firearms
In addition to lesson instruction, every student is walked through the State application process in a step-by-step manner to ensure that the Class “G” license application is complete and filled out properly.
Students that pass the final exam and range qualification will be given proof of completion to provide to the State when they apply for the Class “G” license.
Graduates that are issued a Florida Class “G” license must return once per year to complete annual requalification to retain their license.
Course Includes: 28 hours of instruction by one of our Florida Class “K” Licensed instructors, eye and ear protection, all classroom materials, State application and free Notary that’s required when submitting the state application.
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Be a U.S citizen, or legal resident
- Have no disqualifying criminal history, no felonies, no current Restraining Orders, and no convictions of Domestic Violence.
- Proof of citizenship or legal resident required.
- Students that obtain their G License must complete the 4 hour renewal course annually to maintain their license.
- You will need to do a physical medical test and pass as well a firearm proficiency course that includes a written portion and a target shooting portion.
- You must have a valid D License in order to obtain the G License. Range Fees are NOT included in the price.
Equipment needed for Class “G” Full 28 hour course
Day 1 – All Course materials are supplied
Day 2- All Course materials are supplied
Day 3– Firearms & Equipment needed on day 3
We recommended that you bring the following items to the range.
- .38 Revolver or 9mm semi-automatic handgun
- (3+) speed loaders (or 3+ magazines, if appropriate)
- Quality duty holster and loader/magazine pouches
- (NO cross draw, shoulder, or ankle holsters)
- Comfortable clothing that provides protection from both the sun and ejected brass
If you are bringing a handgun, the weapon should be brought to the range unloaded and encased. All student-brought weapons will be subjected to a safety inspection prior to live fire.
Note: A License Processing Fee must be paid to the state of Florida. This fee is not included in the training price.
The Florida Armed Security Officer course requires the use of a .38 revolver, .357 revolver, or 9mm semi-automatic pistol. Students possessing their own firearm may use them on the range, however, do not bring them into the classroom. Those students wishing to qualify with both a semi-automatic and a revolver will have to pay an additional cost. All firearms needed for the classroom component will be provided. If you are bringing a handgun to the range on “range day”, the weapon should be brought to the range unloaded and encased. Please have a holster that fits the handgun. All student-brought weapons will be subjected to a safety inspection prior to live fire.
Course Fee: $175.00
Optional: Firearm Rental – $20.00
2nd Firearm Qualification – $50.00
Ammunition provided with equipment rental.
NO FIREARMS ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM.